QUEEN WINNIPEG CHAPTER #1
Was Instituted on August 12, 1909 and met at the Commercial Traveller’s hall on main street. In 1910 moved to the Odd Fellows Temple on Kennedy Street until a fire destroyed the building and contents in 1946. We believe that Queen Winnipeg then went back to the Odd Fellows Temple. In 1976 moved to the Masonic Menorial Temple. In January 1984 held their first meeting in the Canada Room. On April 14, 2011 held their first meeting in the new Eastern Chalet Complex at 525 Cathcart Street and Grant Ave in Charleswood and installed their 2011-2012 Officers.
History was presented by Sister Carole McElheran